Miss Farah

Do Not Eat Microwave Popcorn!!

Posted on: April 11, 2010

I know so many people who eat popcorn, it is a great and fun snack however it’s not so great once I tell you that microwave popcorn is dangerous! Why?

Microwave popcorn bags are made of paper, but the inside of the bag has to be coated with something that will repel grease and moisture to prevent the bag from becoming a soggy mess while its whirling and popping in your microwave oven. When the mix of chemicals used to coat microwave bags is heated, some compounds are known to break down into a substance called perfluorooctanoic acid. This acid is dangerous and causes health problems like cancer!

Here’s a way to avoid that dangerous chemical!

Buy standard popcorn kernels. Put them in a standard, brown paper lunch bag and tape it shut. Put it in the microwave for the same amount of time as is your habit. You’re done! Want butter flavour? Well, melt some butter in a teacup and pour it on top, or just make popcorn the old fashioned way…..Now, go home and eat! 🙂

// <![CDATA[
// //


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

You Are Visitor number

  • 53,285

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 3 other followers

Share this blog

Bookmark and Share
%d bloggers like this: